Ditch Magnets: Stacey Ditch Magnet
What is the Ditch Magnet?
The Stacey Oil Tools Ditch Magnet is an extremely high magnetic strength tool designed to catch metal contaminants from all forms of drilling medium.
What situations and places can it be used?
- Where a metal collection policy is in place
- To collect fines which are not collected downhole
- During Milling Operations
- In POSSUM Belly of Shale Shakers
- In Mud Return Lines prior to Shakers
What benefits can it bring?
- Used in conjunction with Downhole Magnets, it catches metal contaminants from fluid that have not been picked up downhole
- Helps keep fluid clean on return downhole
- Increase mud pump expendable life
- Less pump downtime
- Increased shaker screen life due to less metal contaminants in the fluid
- Desanders, desilters increase CONE life
- Increase Bit life and other downhole tools
- Reduced Drill pipe erosion
- Recovers most metals from fluid, including ferrous, tungsten carbide, chrome, cast iron.
- Reduced costs by reducing damage to components caused by metal contaminants in fluid
What sizes are available?
Available in 15” 24” and 36” lengths. Other sizes made to order.
Contact us for further information
Ditch Magnets can be shipped via Helicopter/Air Freight in supplied approved boxes.
All tools supplied with safety warning notices.