Stacey Oil Tools Ltd has been involved in the promotion of the use of Underbalance Drilling for a number of years around the world. We are active participants in the IADC Underbalanced Operations Committees, API 16UB and SPE.
Stacey Oil Tools Ltd has had extensive experience in the use of Rotating Control Heads (see RCDH™), a primary piece of equipment for this technology.
Benefits of Underbalance Applications
- Reduced Damage to Formation
- Reservoir with low formation pressures
- Earlier Reservoir Evaluation
- Reduction/Elimination of loss circulation
- Increased Production Rates
- Increased Rate of Penetration (ROP)
- Improved Bit Life
- Reduced tripping and bit costs
- Reduced Hole Problems
- Prevention of differential sticking
- Improved well productivity and control
- Enhanced Reservoir Exploitation
- Reduction/Elimination of expensive drilling fluids
If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.